Easy Caramel Pecan Toasted Coconut Pie
This is a quick and easy “make one, take one” pie recipe – where the ingredients create two pies. A perfect choice for your own gatherings, or when you it’s your turn to bring the dessert.
- 2 (9″) pie shells – baked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz.) package flaked coconut
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping – thawed
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese – softened
- 1 (12 oz.) jar caramel topping
- try chocolate or butterscotch topping in place of caramel
- choose a graham cracker crust instead of baked pie shells
- add chopped walnuts or sliced almonds to replace pecans
- In a medium-sized skillet pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in pecans and coconut. Toss together well and saute until the coconut is is browned lightly. Set aside to let it cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until it becomes fluffy. Next, add the condensed milk and mix again until smooth. Now fold in your whipped topping.
- For each pie: spread 1/4 of the creamy mixture into the pie shells. Sprinkle 1/4 of the toasted coconut mixture, followed by drizzling 1/2 of the caramel topping over the coconut layer. Now add the rest of the remaining cream cheese mixture, then the remaining toasted coconut mixture.
Your pies may be served chilled or frozen.
All the ingredients needed for this recipe can be found right in our store – enjoy!